A lack of respawns also means you’ll have a very limited opportunity to actually practice shooting enemies in different scenarios before getting taken out. It can take hundreds of rounds before you become more comfortable with all the weapons on offer and start landing your shots, but we’re here to help speed that process up.
Below we’ve put together a number of tips and tricks that will help you improve at aiming in PUBG. It’s worth noting that this is the first iteration of our aiming guide and we’ll continue adding tips and tricks as we sink more time into the game.
The image below shows exactly how to utilise the scope when shooting enemies at different ranges. This is something the video above illustrates in even great detail, so make sure you give it a watch.
- 100m – Tip of the chevron.
- 200m – Bottom of the chevron.
- 300m – Top of the line.
- 400m, 500m, 600m – First notch, second notch and third notch on the line respectively.
How to hit moving targets
Landing shots on moving targets is one of the trickiest aspects to master in PUBG and something that can be really frustrating, especially if you’ve got the drop on your opponent, only to start missing all your shots.
The first thing you’ll want to take into account is distance, but how do you calculate how far away your target is when you’re under pressure? You can’t exactly whip out a ruler, so it’s largely up to your own intuition to get this right – the more you play, the more your judgement will improve.
Here are some tips though:
- When facing a target who’s roughly 100m away, imagine there’s one person just ahead of them and shoot this position.
- For opponents 200m away, lead your target by two imaginary people.
- It’s okay if you don’t land your first shot, just watch the bullet and adjust your shot slightly!
- Different guns have different bullet velocities, so this is another variable you’ll want to take into account. Of course, the method above works well for every long-range weapon, although you may have to do a little adjusting here and there to land those shots.